Sunday, January 06, 2008

Abstract Art In Glass





It has been said that this is one of the most commonly shot subject at the lobby of The Bellagio, Las Vegas NV, besides the "Fountains at Bellagio" in front of the hotel.
This beautiful work of art was created by Dale Chihuly

On a recent visit to Las vegas, I was sitting at the lobby of the Bellagio. When I turned my head up to the ceiling, i intuitively wanted to squeeze a shot or two of the famous glass flowers like most others present there.
Then i wondered, if i could shoot it any different. so I set up my tripod at the lowest spread and adjusted my slr on the ball head so that the lens was parallel to the ceiling and staring at it.
I then fired of a few shots at different apertures to get the well defined edges of the glass in good depth. It was then that it occurred to me to rotate the camera around its
axis during the exposure (about 10 secs) so that the center was in focus while all around would be colorful blurry motion.
You can view the results of both these shots. The final shot that I choose was post processed in photoshop elements with one picture on top of the other using a blending mode that
would not cloud the glass completely yet give it a hint of the spin. This is most definitely an abstract. However, I've been told that it looks colorful on a wall inside the frame.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home